Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car had bad headlight motors when I got it. All electronics appeared to be in place and Was getting power to both sides. Rebuilt both sides with new bushings, washers etc. and new motors. If doors are closed and headlight switch is pulled out they will open nicely, but when switch is pushed in they will not close. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
19,618 Posts
Have you checked your e-mail. I e-mailed you some RS info. (wiring diagrams and trouble shooting guide)

Roger

·
Premium Member
19,618 Posts
Welcome to the site Vance the PDF file is on it's way.

Roger

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have the exact issue with my '67.

I have to supply power (12v) to one of the two prong connectors on relay #2 (or #3 as it is redundant) in order to close the doors. The manual says either the light switch is bad or the diode is missing (or wired backwards).

I suppose it could be the dimmer switch, but my headlights work (highbeams too), but the doors just won't close on their own.

Did you get a chance to work on your doors over the weekend?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and my son are finishing up on a complete build on his 67 Camaro. The headlight doors open fine but will not close. I have been told there are a number of publications needed to find the problems in the system. Do you know where I can find these. I have checked with Classic and D&R out of Chicago nobody seems to know of any trouble shooting guides.

·
Premium Member
19,618 Posts
Chris, welcome to the site. Check your e-mail.

Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts