Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Having some trouble with the hideaway headlights on my new to me 67 Camaro RS.
The covers will open when you turn the headlights on, but will not close or return to the starting position when the lights are turned off. The previous owner told me that the it needed a new relay switch, however the new part does the same thing.

Is it possible that some of the connectors are reversed when being reinstalled? I replicate the connector orientations in the same way as I removed it, but again, it didn’t work before.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorting these out can sometimes be difficult. The headlight switch does need to be on for the doors to close. Try that first. I have had the same issue and found that I had a cold solder connection at the power feed up behind the dash housing. Headlights doors worked fine (open/close) with housing, but doors would not close when I installed dash carrier. Could really be a bunch of issues.

·
Registered
Wylie, TX - Lee
174 Posts
Another thing to check is the headlight bulbs. If both the low or high beam filaments are burnt out then the doors may not close. The door circuit uses the bulb filaments as part of the ground circuit to close the doors. If the last owner replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs that would also prevent the doors from closing in which case you would need to add a 4th relay to get the circuit working again.

Relay R1 is used to open the doors and R2 and R3 close the doors, which relay did you replace?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get rid of the factor relay setup and use the Retro-electro kit. It is super simple to hook up, works great and gets rid of all of the relays under the fender and on the core support...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts