Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out this interesting 67 rs/ss he's got loads of pictures of the thing. Looks pretty much all old original everything.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...0099252201QQcategoryZ6161QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But this interior picture shows a RS horn emblem, I thought if they were combined the SS emblems would be displayed ??

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/meglite/1967CamaroRSSS091.jpg?vvid=6575871

It was very interesting to look at all the pics of this car though, upclose detailed pics of almost every area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I suppose someone just stuck the SS emblems on for show.

Is that an SS anyone ?

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
It looks like it came with a console (2G) but it did not start out as a 4-speed car as there is no "2L" on the trim tag. Nor was it an automatic car because there is no "2M". The only transmission left is a manual 3-speed on the floor.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Buy a plane ticket and go see it in person.....I have bought 3 cars on stealbay now and pics are a wonderful way to hide a lot of issues. What looks good from 6-8 ft with a lens, isn't necessarily that nice up close.

1) All that overspray underneath looks waaaaaaaay too fresh to be an 18 year old resto.....:noway:

2) Can't read the VIN number...could've been a 6 cylinder car for all we know. Factory tach is for a 327-210 engine, but if they aren't original, who knows what they came out of.

3) Can't read the suffix stamp on the block...it's not original, but what is it ??

4) Rust in trunk ?? Look at the pic of the fuel filler neck....the cover over the neck is blended with the floor pan with sealer or similar to hide the common rust in that area. Also no clear pics of the floor pan itself.

5) What's with the mufflers being kinked ?? Hack job to fit them in, or backfire damage ?? This might seem minar, but everything that needs to be replaced after the sale adds up quickly.

The bid is already at, what I consider, pretty much top dollar without an inspection. Save yourself the heartache and hire an impartial inspector, or go look at it yourself. It IS a very interesting car......just be careful !!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I agree with mitch that paint looks way to fresh. that can hide a lot for a short time. the underside don't look to fresh. the paint don't even look that smooth to me and then you have to ask WHY white???? Have someone look at the car if your interested.:yes:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I looked through those pics again there is something that bugs me but just can't put my finger on it. it mabe that in all the seams there is rust that seems to be just trying to pop out at you. There appears to have been alot of moisture or salty air around that engine compartment. Flood or hurricane?? Its at 17,100 now. There is still a lot left to do to make that car nice. He only drove it 2 miles? Where did he get it? Must not of had it very long or don't live over a mile from the guy he got it from. Not trying to bash the car just want TC member to do good. Be cautious do your homework!:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts