Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
John,

You would have to run the wires down and rewire to a separate switch.

I thought about doing this to my car when I was young and stupid and drove like a madman.

I was going to wire my tail lights, brake lights, license plate and backup lights so I could turn them off and run stealth if I ever got in a jam. I was going to mount the switches in my console for easy access. BUT way tooo much touble. pdq67

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
The 69's parking lights stay on with the headlights.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Jonesy is right.....the 69 park lamps stay on with the headlights. Will simply swapping a 69 headlight switch for the switch in the 67 do the trick? I don't know if the harness plug on the switch is the same or not.

Here's something to consider....I've thought about putting a "daytime running lamp" system in my 67 to run just the bright filaments in the front parking lamps when the headlights are off. It really wouldn't be that hard....just put some diodes in the park lamp circuit and splice in a switched accessory power lead. I think the DRL systems that use the parking lamps on the new F-bodies and Corvettes look really trick.

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner

·
Registered
297 Posts
Chris,

Is the standard 69 headlamp switch compatible with the 67 standard headlamp harness? I would like my parking lights to come on with the headlights in my 67, and if simply buying a standard 69 headlamp switch will do the trick, I'll jump on that.

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey guys be careful when hooking up Day running lights, I would suggest buying a kit from a reputable supplier, Up here in Canada when it became mandatory for the manufactuers to build thier cars with DTRL, cars were retrofitted with home made stuff and cheap kits, they got thier moneys worth after the cars caught fire from over heated circuits,
To be honest I think a 68 /67 looks much better running with the park lights on then DTRL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts