Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Does anybody got a complete chart over wich wire goes where from the three relays on the relayboard?

I'm not sure if my problem lies there, but I've just installed a RS grille on my standard coupe, and everything works like a charm, except drivers side park/turn light..
bulb is ok, and I've tried ground everywhere. Seems like it's not getting any "juice".. So I was wondering if it could be something with the relays, but as I've mentioned, I don't know if they are connected trough the relays..

cheers

Lars

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you look about halfway down the page of this link, there's a 1967-69 rs console gauge & headlight wiring diagrams downolad. http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/

I think page 10 of the PDF has what you're looking for.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
But I was thinking the relays have so and so many connectors on them, and this diagram shows just a few of them. Putting it otherwise, you could say a picture of the entire front harness without the wrap on it.. Did that make sense?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok,thanks. Guess I'll have to rip out the lightswitch then..Brand new harness, and shouldn't be a breach in that anywhere...the pass.side parklight wires are just an extension of the drivers side, right?Then they should work when properly grounded....?:confused:

and regarding the different connectors on the relays, I guess I can't express my self right..(those pesky foreigners)
I mean where does ex. the black wire from relay one go?
is that black wire divided somewhere, if so where does it go..
I don't know how to say this, but I needed it for troubleshooting my headlight doors when first installed..
And why isn't the headlightmotors included in the diagram..they seem to be important for the functioning of the headlightdoors.. :)

·
Premium Member
6,089 Posts
Check your connectors closest to each park light first. But,From the Bulkhead connector, Purple goes to each, Light Blue to the driver's side, Dark Blue to the passenger's side. I'd trace it back with a 12V test light.

Here's a photo of my switch connections if you want to check that.

·
Premium Member
6,089 Posts
The motors are the round circles on the right side of the diagram.
I think the black wire is grounded at the radiator support? No matter, to test if it is grounded at relay 1, hook your 12V test light to the (+) side of your battery and touch the test light to the black wire. If the test light lights, you've got GND there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok.this pic I just made out of the blue, but it kind of shows what I mean..
but I'll leave it here. I've got something like this, laminated, but I mean it could be even more detailed..But that's me..

thanks for the pic, I'll check it out.

Lars

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts