Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stuck and hope someone can help. I bought new wiring kits for my car (under dash, headlight, engine and rear wiring kits) but am unable to identify 2 wires on one plug and two single wires.

The first which is a blue and brown wire that runs into a male plug and comes from the main front headlight harness. It has a grommet and slots through the firewall into the under dash area. Can someone tell me what it is and where it connect to? :confused: It is reference as figure A on page 428 in the 67 Camaro Factory Assembly Manual.

The other two wires are right behind the cluster assembly (where my tach and speedo are). One is yellow and the other green. I think the yellow is the high beam indicator but don't what the green is for. Can someone let me know if I am right in thinking that the yellow is the high beam indicator and can someone tell me what the green one is for?

Just in case, the car is an RS/SS Convertible with console and gauges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Light Green is the High Beam indicator lamp.
The Yellow wire is the Low Fuel Indicator.

The Tan/Blue connect to the under dash wiring and are used by RS headlight doors to provide power to the rs headlight door relays.
Brown: Switched power from ignition switch.
Tan: Switched power from Headlight switch.

This information is from a 1967-1969 Camaro RS Console Gauge and Headlight Wiring Manual that I purchased many years ago. I think it is a supplement to the chassis manual. It has a lot of useful theory of operation and troubleshooting information.

There is a harness mod that installs between the ignition switch and the headlight switch that controls the door relays via the connector that you mentioned.

[ 10-26-2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: 67rs_since1977 ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts