Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlamp door will not open when I turn on the lights. I have ckecked the connections at the switch and at the headlight and door will still not open.
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just fixed my 67 rs headlightes today. When I changed my voltage regulator I lost a ground that was coming out of the wiring harness that was landed on the bolt holding the regulator on. It is behind the headlight so you cant see it. Follow the wiring harness at the regulator where it goes in behind the headlight. I reached in there and pulled out a wire with a ring terminal on it. I grounded it and they work perfectly and my drivers side headlight is not dim anymore. Go to electrical and wiring and look at 67 rs wiring nightmare that is my post and I got some great suggestions. There is a web site that has wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guide for the rs. Amazing what a bad ground can do!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Drop the relay "panel" from the fender and check the circuit breaker that protects against overcurrent and melting the harness (or suppose to anyway). Small silver can 1/2 by 1 or so...

That is likely the culprit if no power to motors at lights.

If it is burned be cautious after repalcing it when restarting the system as you may still have a stuck door or issue that can melt wiring insulation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Everyone
Thanks for all your help in fixing my headlamp door issue. I went to the web site with the electrical scamatic and looking at this helped me in tracing the wire from the switch to the door. I had power all the way to the electrical motor plug but no further, conclustion car needs new door motor. I ordered part Thursday 03-20-08 from Natl Parts Depot in Ocala Fl. It arrived Monday afternoon 03-24-2008 from UPS. for only $111.84. Not bad for Easter weekend delivery. it took me an hour and a half to install and re-align headlamp and now it works better than new. Actully the door opens and closes faster and the Manufacture says it will last longer than the original. (sic) 41 years? The new motor is half the size of the original but fit right into place. Took for a test drive out to the beach and even had a Sheriff follow me for a couple of miles ....I must be ok, he didnt stop me. Again thanks for alll your help and I will definatly be back in the future to talk shop.
Pirate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts