Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the rubber shifter boot is tore in the back. This is the second one in a week. I put the shifter in neutral centered it up even then screwed it down. What am I doing wrong? or are these after market just a p.o.s.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
dude I don't have an answer for you but dang..that's a niiiiiccceeee ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
What type of boot are you using now? I have a '69 w/console and Hurst Comp. plus shifter with flat stick. I tried running the hurst boots for years and they always tore right after installing. I bought a soft rubber original style boot for a '68 with console and it fit perfectly and looks like it will last for years without tearing. It was much smaller and fit the console tunnel better. I'm guessing that yours is tearing because of binding with the console?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting the aftermarket ones for the 67 with a console. the boot has no contact with the console at all. I have it in nuetral when I center the boot but they tear in the back a day later???? Don't get it. Need to do something to keep the outside air out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts