Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 67 PG shifter for my car would not let the neutral switch line up on the mounting holes. I tried a 400 TUBRO switch and that would not mount either. The holes on the shifter was almost across from each other. I got another shifter from D&R and it was the correct one for the PG neutral switch and line up adjusted correctly. Now I go to put the boot on and the shifter frame is to long and the boot will not go on the shifter. I got another boot off of ebay and again it is too short. Now both shifter look orig and fit the hole in the floor, but one is a 1 1/2 longer than the other one. My car is a Oct 66 build date and I thought that they may had change the shifter later in the year. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know where to get the longer boot. Any help would be greatly appreated. Thanks Jerry

------------------
67 Marina Blue RS
327 365HP, 700R4
Ocala FL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am sure that it is not from a Chevelle. I just sold a 67 El Camino and even thou the shifter handle look the same they are different where they attach to the shifter frame. To add to the above: I was looking through one of my numious book and I found where it shows a different shifter and boot number. One is for a console and one is for a floor shifter without a console. I am going to try and check it out today. what I could not find out is wheather or not the neutral switch had different number. Thanks for the input. Jerry

------------------
67 Marina Blue RS
327 365HP, 700R4
Ocala FL

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't think an automatic floor shifter was available in 67 without a console..or least I've never heard of one..there was one in 68..

That's a strange one..good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts