Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I hope I'm posting this in the right catagory..I'm just beginning a rest on a matching # 67 Camaro RS SS 350 coupe. It's somewhat unusual being it is a low option car but FULLY documented. i.e. I have the orig. invoice and protect-o-plate. it's gold with black vinyl top, standard black interior,M-20 4-speed, 3.55:1 posi 12-bolt. Thats the usual stuff. It never had a console, or a radio, manual steering and manual drum brakes,has speed-warning, and "poverty" hub caps. Okay, now the question...I has a complete correctP. Disc brake set-up for the car and a set of 14x6 rally wheels. What would you do, keep te car correct as per the documentation, or add these nice options? THANKS

-Gary

·
Registered
230 Posts
My opinion -

Keep it ORIGINAL!

but having said that, it's your car, do what you will enjoy. My only suggestion is, if you do change it over to disc, KEEP ALL of the original parts, label them, box them away. Somewhere down the road you (or someone else) will want it back to original.

------------------
Steve
My Cars

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dobek. Good idea to keep the origin parts if I do change things..

Great site. Nice 67 SS Bolero Convo. I also have a 67 SS Bolaro red Conv as well,but mine needs total resto. It's not an rs, but it's a 4-speed, MANUAL dic brake car. Mine also has the white deluxe and fold-down, but it's a mess..needs everything.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Gary,
My vote is to keep it original also.
Daniel

------------------
67 RS/SS 350 2004R (owned since 81)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
My Camaro

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Keep the original parts and if you like the power disc brakes and rally wheels, add them. Remember, if you don't enjoy owning your car, then why bother having it. I realize that original untouched cars are hard to find, but it's your car now. Rally wheels are easy to take off, but the P. disc brake setup won't be as easy to remove. If you're not driving the car on a regular basis, then you really don't need it.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Im with Steve.

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
One thing is for sure ... We are car nuts and we like to talk to car nuts about what else ? CARS! If your conversation "My car has this" and "My car has that", then you like your car and you are fairly satisfied. If your conversation goes "I wanted to do this" or "I wanted to do that", then there are things that you would actually prefer to be different. The ultimate value of a car is the joy it brings you. Do what makes you happy ... After all, this car is going to be the source of many memories ... and it will never mean as much to anyone else as it does to you when you are working on it and spending your hard-earned money ...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ragtopman (Jim)

Welcome back - how was the move?

------------------
Steve
My Cars

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Caveman,
Obviously the car is more authentic with the original options on it!! But, adding desirable and wanted options makes it a better car in appearance and to drive.It is your car afterall and who is going to tell you at a show that the car didn't come with those options? Who cares?,not a real lot of 100% original cars around anyway. Enjoy being a proud Camaro owner and enjoy it!!! The original parts should be kept for the future, just in case.

Happy cruising

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Gary,

I am with everyone else, Keep the original parts and add the disc brakes. But correct me if I am wrong, your 14x6 Ralley Wheels wont fit over the disc brakes (caliper's will hit the wheels). I believe that you have to have at least 15's for a disc brake set-up.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
14" Wheels were used with Disc in 67. I just checked CBN, and the difference was the "offset." I don't know what that is, but it was .56" with drum, .88" with disc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Offset is a measurement in inches from the center of the rim to the edge of the disc -

'67 had DG coded rims 14x6 -

------------------
Steve
My Cars

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! Yes, the rallys fit. I checked the off-set. My base wheels won't work, or I's add the discs and keep using the "poverty" caps. I like the look of the standard caps.

Gary

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Originally posted by Dobek:
Ragtopman (Jim)

Welcome back - how was the move?

Steve,

It was an experience that hopefully that I dont have to experience for awhile. That was alot of work.

Jim

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts