Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you just switch the leaf springs to multi on the rear end even thou the spring perches are for single leaf springs . I want to lower the car and just buy some lowering springs plus I think multi will help with the rear end hop under a hard leave in 1st . What are your guys thoughts ? thanx in advance guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes you can switch from mono springs to multi. You need a kit from detroit speed to do it however. It is a bolt on kit and its recommended that you use 5 leaf springs. The cost of the kit is like 110 if I remember right. Call detroit speed and let them know what you are trying to do. They are friendly and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the Hotchkis kit on my 69 Camaro that had mono leafs last year and it went on great and seems to work great. The stance with the 1.5” drop is really nice. Here’s the link from Summit with the whole kit - nothing else needed.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSS-2407C

I’m fairly new at this so what I don’t know is if some of the more experienced guys would take issue with this kit or this approach for converting to multi leaf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts