Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hold on the brakes for a real long time,like 5 min the fuse blew ,but this is the 2nd time it's done it. The fuse I pulled out was a 15 amp , so it was a little under rated ! What size of fuse are you guys running ???? I also have some other things plugged into the open spots on the fuse panel, like tach light,water, temp, volt lights on one open spot ,and stereo, tach hot wire on the other.I'm sure the extra lights would put more of a load on the fuse. Also I'm not sure what size of fuse I should run. The lettering is rubbed off. I did do a search ,but only found one thread that said it should be a 20 amp fuse,so I wasn't sure .

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would a 20 amp be enough with the extra lights im running

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Be sure and really, and I mean really check out the fitting of those bulb holders and how they are sitting in the sockets. I had the same prob this year, and found that one wasn't seated correctly, and it seemed to be the cause of the fuses blowing on me. I also reinforced the wires coming into the back lights...they tend to get knocked about, esp if you have lots of stuff in the back as I do, eh?

capt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts