Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 vert and want to replace the pitted chrome side vent window handles. I found them at Rick's for about $40 for the pair. Has anyone replaced these and can you walk me through the steps?

Thanks in advance-

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I replaced mine with aftermarket pieces that look good. I either bought them from Ricks, or Firewheelclassics, I can't remember which. As far as removing the old ones goes, there was another thread on here last week asking about this. I posted a reply there, you should be able to search for my username and find it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just bought a pair of these handles from Classic Industries and they don't seem to fit worth a crap, they are really loose once installed. I put the pitted one back on until I can figure out what is wrong or just get them rechromed. To remove them I used a really small allen wrench but this was not too good on the small allen (kind of bent it). Someone recommend a small 3/16th inch punch, but it is tappered so it would bottom out before the pin was pushed out. Then my Dad came up with a small metal dowl that was strong enough to take some tapping from a hammer which pushed the pin right out. I would have to ask him what he made it out of, it was almost like a piece of a coat hanger.

If anyone has a suggestion to why mine are loose let me know.....

I hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts