Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused. I found what I think is a 67 trunk lid light in a box and the wire has no plastic connector at the other end. I then found an "extension harness" in the box with 3 connectors and orange and white wires between them. I know that this all connects to the license plate light connector but how? I don't seem to have any diagram that shows how this all hooks up correctly.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you're referring to the light that comes on when you open the trunk it doesn't get connected to the license lamp. Most trunk lights have a mercury switch built into the socket assembly that turns the light on when the lid is raised. As for the harness you found orange and white are the colors GM uses for the dome and courtesy light circuit. I believe the orange wire is hot all the time and the white wire attaches to the door jam switches which ground the lights when the doors are opened. There may have been a similar switch mounted somewhere in the trunk on a '67. I have a '69 and no trunk light so I can't say for sure. If the socket you found has only one contact and one wire it probably has a mercury switch built in.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

1 - 2 of 2 Posts