Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, thanks for giving this a look.

I'm writing a screenplay and for some reason have found myself setting up an argument between two characters over which was better, the 67 or 68 Camaro.

As my username suggests I don't have a lot to contribute to this - I could just as easily have picked on any other model from any period, but this was what I settled on.

So if anybody can help outlining a few things that might be considered pros or cons either way (performance would work better than aesthetics) I would be exceptionally grateful.

Thanks for your time :)

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Body style and options were the only differences, in reality..
The 68 had more to offer as far as options, availabile for the year..
The 69 camaro was the top dog..the 67/68 camaro was just trial and error kind of cars (prototypes for the world famous 1969 camaro)..OPINIONATED OF COURSE..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The Mustang - Camaro rivalry does seem to offer a lot more scope for debate on Google. Thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro by the way..
Camaro vs mustang battles have been going on for years...camaro always wins!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Here's what I've settled on for the dialogue.

-Okay. The Shelby GT500 made nought to sixty in six point TWO.
-But the Camaro outstripped the 'stang at both entry and top-level horsepower.
-That's HORSE****. The Mus-
-Can you keep your voice down?
-Fine.

Not the greatest of debates but it'll do. If you hear that in a movie then I'll have succeeded. Take care folks.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
First off, welcome to Team CAMARO :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, thanks for giving this a look.

... arguement over which was better, the 67 or 68 Camaro.

So if anybody can help outlining a few things that might be considered pros or cons either way ...

Thanks for your time :)

Chris
That particular question is oft posed on this site and is fairly easy for most to answer – 68’s are better :D
Oh sure, now a few nerrdowell’s will no doubt will attempt to debate this and in the process derail an otherwise insightful and informative thread – but that is to be expected at times on here …

Just a few points of superiority would be;
They are far easier to see out of, had much wider engine and transmission choices and of course optional upper HP ratings and as a bonus, they are easier to see at night with their distinctive side marker lights :yes:

If – as you added dialog post would reflect – this is just an argument over the superiority of a CAMARO over a Mustang, well then I don’t think you even need our help ;)
Seems you all ready realize that the CAMARO is a far superior vehicle or you would have asked this question on a rival web-site

Glad we could be of service to the entertainment industry :waving:
Yours;
John

Oh - almost forgot ... l:):popcorn::stirpot:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Chevrolet fixed all the weird problems from the 67 Camaro, when they made the 68 camaro. Staggered shocks prevented wheel hop, bigger stabilizer bar made handeling much better, disk brakes for quicker stopping, electric everything for picking up hot cheerleaders, and they scrapped that annoying wing window and cut down on air drag.

After the 68, Chevrolet tried new styling when they made the 69, and just screwed up everything.

68 was the best year by far.. :boxing:
67 Camaro was a close second, and much better than any Muscrat or Goat.
Heck, I would rather have a wounded fire-chicken in my garage, than a healthy Muscrat or a Goat.

OPINIONATED ARGUMENT OF COURSE.. :D
(1967 owners, its your turn..)

If this thread continues much longer, we (my TC brothers) may be able to write this scene for you..
I'm assuming this scene takes place in a bar. :beers:

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
There is no other than the original. What is more desirable than an original? A 67 is the only year a Camaro was made, after that they became mutants of the one and only original Camaro. Sure you can knock the wing windows, but when you open them on a warm day, what a rush of a cool breeze you receive. 68’s need a lot of paper to prove just what they are, so they could not have wing windows because the wind would mess all the paper up you had to carry to prove what you had. Two mutations later came the 69, well I guess we all know what happens as mutations continue to occur. One thing is for sure any Camaro is better than a Rustang.:D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Now Don, anyone who has seen X-men knows the Mutant is always better than the original.
Yes, some mutants are evil, but still you don't want to challenge their power.

The 68 owner doesn't need papers to prove anything. We like being the sleeper. (Camoflage)
We like to hide our claws until we need them, no warning, then BOOM! you just lost your pink slip to a mutant.

I do agree that any second mutation is asking for trouble. Like a copy of an upgrade.
Looks cool with all those accessories, but unreliable, uncontrollable, erratic.

..and another thing, the 68 came with "Astro Ventilation" (named after George Jetsons faithful companion),
..beat that! :D

Boy these beers are going down fast for a Friday, is it my turn to buy another round already? :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
They made a Camaro after 67?????

FYI: The electric headlight doors on the 67 RS are the only ones that really worked. 68's and 69's sucked - literally.

Coulda fooled me...

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
You can only be the first one time, and the '67 was the first. And the '67s were so fast they needed to have speed brakes on thier windows.:yes:

·
Registered
595 Posts
the wing windows on the 67 were the best!!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I have both, since I couldn't make up my mind:). They're both projects and need the same amount of work to get things done on 'em. I like the standard '67 grill better than the '68, fortunately my '68 has the RS lights so it's a non issue. My '67 was built as a plain jane non-A/C car so the wing windows come in handy, '68 is getting the Vintage Air setup.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Boils down to what year ya got!

Chris...go with the Rust:)...er, Mustang vs Camaro... the first gens are just too similar to set up a dramatic difference between them... they're all good.

Don't forget to look at the difference between the two cars and their suspensions/frames, eh?

capt

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi T/C members i agree with DON 67 is the best year, but i'm just glad that we are sooooooooooooo lucky to own FIRST GEN CAMAROS 67,68 and 69:yes::hurray::D:thumbsup::beers:

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
and another thing, the 68 came with "Astro Ventilation" (named after George Jetsons faithful companion),
..beat that! :D
There is a reason it was named after a DOG..... and it has nothing to do with companionship. Vent windows forever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts