Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a BB in my 67 camaro. I have roller rockers with tall valve covers and now the wiper motor will not fit as the motor section hits the valve cover. It will fit it I rotate the wiper motor a half turn to the left and drill new mounting holes, however the control arm which connects to the wiper blade arm hit the bottom of inside valley pan. Anyone got any good ideas to help me? I know I can't be the first one to install a BB with tall valve covers in a 67. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gene

·
Registered
177 Posts
I while back at the track in Bremerton Washington I saw a car with a similar problem. He had installed a wiper motor from a 95 S10 Chev truck. It was a lot thinner and bolted in using the same bolt pattern. I believe the only mod necessary was to fabricate a different "ARM" that connects the motor output shaft to the wiper arm linkage in the cowl area. Again, I have not tried this just saw what someone else had come up with. Good luck
Jim

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
169indy,
Thanks for the idea. Should be able to find an old wiper motor from a 95 S-10 in our local junkyard to check out. Sure would be nice to find out what mod if any had to be done to the control arm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts