Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I discovered the reason my wipers quit. Seems the rear of the switch parted ways with the front, and I have recovered several bits but I'm not sure I have it all. It's a "Made in USA" Delco switch in good condition so I would rather fix it, but I can't find pics of the guts anywhere??
I have the metal shaft and metal housing, as well as the rear plastic with the plug connections for the harness, but when I went digging for the guts I only came up with a round brass disk with two tabs bent at 90 degrees, one large spring, and one small conical spring with a small dome shaped contact embedded in the smaller end... Is there anything missing?
Any idea the order and orientation of the springs and disk?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I'd put in a new one .. If it came apart once ,It'll do it again . Might even short out the next time. I think the repos are pretty good,and cheap in price

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd put in a new one .. If it came apart once ,It'll do it again . Might even short out the next time. I think the repos are pretty good,and cheap in price
Yes, I realize that's probably true, but I just hate to take another oem USA part out if I can help it...
(Especially when I only use it once a year for inspection, maybe twice if I get caught in a surprise storm or bird attack)

I guess I can always swap the broken "Made in USA" switch back in after inspection for a clear conscience :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts