Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are 68-69 windows interchangeble ?
I'm most intrested in the side windows.
Are the windows for coupe's and convertibles the same ?
My rear quarter windows is kind of loose
i can wiggle them in the cars length direction and they are almost impossible to wind up or down what do i do to fix that ?

·
11,657 Posts
vette461,

Are 68-69 windows interchangeble ?YES, coupe qtrs and convert qtrs are different though
I'm most intrested in the side windows.
Are the windows for coupe's and convertibles the same ? YES
My rear quarter windows is kind of loose
i can wiggle them in the cars length direction and they are almost impossible to wind up or down what do i do to fix that ?
you need to take the interior panel out and there are adjustments for in and out and front to back on each qtr and door windows. But if you have that much movement, I think your rollers are shot. Some new rollers are available from the parts houses or get some used ones from them. Also a good shot of lithium grease does wonders for the rollers and tracks.

All this is documented in the 1969 Fisher body service manual.

Luck, Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, Driver

[This message has been edited by KevinW (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
505 Posts
The 68 and 69 door glass will interchange, but they are different..on the bottom edge of the 68 glass, it's flat accross, while the 69 is curved concave. Also, many 68's said Astro ventilation, no 69's did. Okay, okay, I'm nit-picking...

Gary

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also, quarter windows are different for conv. smaller in size to fit to the top frame.

------------------
69 rallye green X77 Z/28,1967 SS 396 Conv. 1974 c-10 454 swb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.