Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to wheel sizing and want to make sure I get it right before I order.

I have a stock 68 and think 17" TT 2's would be nice. Does anyone have pictures and sizes?

Thanks in advance!!

Ed

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
It is your car and if you like the TT look,by all means go for it:yes:...but do keep in mind it is a very overdone look that every other car at any given carshow will have.If that doesn't bother you,then certainly...rock that look.:thumbsup:
However...if you're looking to stand out a bit from the crowd,try something different.You may also like the Foose Legends or even the Billet Specialties StreetLites which are both on sale this month over at www.driverzinc.com ...talk to Jon there and he'll hook you up,I'm sure he can match or beat those prices you linked...and he's an expert at fitment for your car so you know they'll fit perfectly too.
Check out their site and see if anything catches your eye...:beers:

·
Registered
31 Posts

Here's my 68, the wheels are 17" TT 2's, i've got the specs somewhere around here. I'll post the info soon.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... they look great!! Let me know what sizes. I will also check out the link above for others.

Ed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ed, here are the specs for my setup. my car has the stock suspension and the new setup handles great.
Scott

Wheels are American Racing TT2's
front 17x7 ,5 on 4.75 bolt pattern with 4 1/2" backspacing
rear 17x8 ,5 on 4.75 bolt pattern with 4 3/4" backspacing

Tires are Kumho
p235/45-17 fronts
p255/45-17 rears

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! One last question, are you happy with the finish vs. going with a chrome finish? I'm worried about keeping them looking new.

Ed

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have chrome rims on my truck and they were starting to pit some after the first winter. I know I don't drive the camaro in bad weather, but I think the polished ones have a better chance of polishing back up. I usually give them a quick wipe down after I take the car out, and when I detail the car I use the Mothers powerball. It works real well.
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts