Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the price range for a number matching 68 Camaro with auto trans. with shifter on column? It has straight 6 cylinder. It is a 2 speed. very good condition. Maybe a little bondo on finders.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If it is in daily driver, #3, type shape, I would say about $4000 is around the most I would be willing to pay for it (unless the bug to buy just bit me).
Of course, there are a lot of factors to think about. If the quarters are bad, they may cost quite a bit to replace. Bodywork in general is expensive.

The 6 cylinder cars don't necessarily gain too much value by being numbers matching. In fact, I would venture to say that most people would pay more if you took out the 6 and put in a V8 unless you want to make it a concours show car.

If the car you are buying is in Tennessee I would say that it could be had for less. Prices are very dependant on region. Here in Northern Va (in close to DC) First Gens will run a pretty penny, but if you just go a few miles out you can find one in the same shape for 1-2 thousand less.

If you really like the car, you think the price is right, and you are willing to pay for future work should you decide to do any... then I would say go ahead and get it and have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts