Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at this 68 camaro for a while. It is a palin car with a rear wing added. The subframe has drums, no power steering, monoleafs in the back and the body is pretty straight. no real rust on the car except around the rear window. easy to fix. the rear taillight panel is kicked in also but he has a few parts cars and said i could cut one out of those. He wanted $2000 but his is in need of some money and told me he would take 1800. I told him 1500 max and he is now going to throw in a 12 bolt rear for 1700 out the door. I'm going to try for 1600. good deal or not?

p.s. car title is salvaged because it was put in a junk yard years ago. he bought it from them about 10 years ago and it has been siting since.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anything to do with first generation camaros = BIG MONEY. As time goes on original parts new or used will be harder to get.Ive seen total wrecks bring thousands. So if you can buy a complete camaro even if you spent $2000 your getting a great deal.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I would buy that Camaro! I have seen total basket cases sell for two to three times more than that.

If you can give the time, labor and parts the car needs to be completed it would be money well spent IMO.

------------------
'68 RS, 350ZZ4

·
Registered
51 Posts
67 68 69 camaros , their are more parts available for these three years of camaros than ever !! you can get more parts for them now than when they were new and the parts are reasonable because 50 + companys will make the same part , a 67 rear aftermarket 1/4 panel is about $75 buck's door skin's $109 front fenders $189 this is just an example , you can almost make a early camaro completly rust free front to back for around $1000 buck's , that is not to bad the way thing's are today .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i closed the deal... ended up being 1700 and i got 2 sets of original fenders, didn't have a back seat. 12 bolt rear, rolling and ready to go in my garage. And i can have whatever parts i want off his parts car. whick is just a bare shell but I can use the left quarter and back panel off it. seems like a good buy. I have a t-56 in the garage waiting for it and no idea what engine I'm going to go with. Can't wait to dig in on the project.

later,
jeffro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts