Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just decided to buy the car of my dreams and jump into the muscle car scene with a 68 Camaro. It currently has a 396 with a muncie 4 spd. It is claimed to be a RS/SS though it is tough to tell for obvious reasons. It has power drum brakes a 12 bolt rear with 3.73's. The original color was British Racing Green with gold deluxe interior. I'm planning on going with the original exterior but cannot live with the gold interior, not a 70s pimp. I just put a 2.5" cowl hood on and have already used the infamous 'search' button on a few questions I had about interior kits, so thank you to those before me. Here are a few pics:http://m998.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Justinradlick/e2b4f2e7.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2f4XyUYyo0lrnVhHAyuvaQwAg2t3BmLV+kNfElaccYDP5RLQi6yazQZO5dW0Zajgx6pIF7eNqwyytNQuumQqiELh6dIs2cCGWloTHb5J/Z1ImykOsuQxBDw2CQWFteX6l+GYWoNJMQieOwuKBDbi9nw=
as I am new, I'm having a tough time being able to just insert normal pics

I look forward to growing with you guys and being able to share with you.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Welcome! Another Denver 68. Which part of town are you in? You've picked the right site when it comes to 1st gen Camaro information. Regarding inserting pictures. The simplest way is to get an free flicker or photo bucket account, upload pictures to there. Once the picture has been uploaded and is accessible via the net, you then link the picture in your posts by clicking the yellow/mountain icon located on top of the message box and pasting the full URL/link to the picture.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well you can't go wrong with a 68 1st Gen Camaro. That car looks great. I want mines in primer black too, coming soon. Look forward to seeing more of that Camaro.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Best money you'll ever spend, especially if you get lucky and hit the jackpot like I did. Did the same thing a while ago and between the $2 in KY and $1 in NC, I hit the jackpot. I was able to trace all 10 owners of my car (she's been around). With today's internet I was able to locate contact info for the first owner and called her... Below is the entire thread...
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157993

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
That's a shame that some states don't keep all the records... The topic of tracing back your car has come up a several times over the last couple of years here on TC. Unfortunately most traces end with "so and so state only keeps records back to xx"

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Wow! CO-Denver presence on TeamCamaro has gone up in the last few days and amazingly most of us are 68 guys.

Just the ones I know...

rchanley (68)
68RS/SS_396 (68)
convertible68camaro (68)
denvervet (68)
zlek131 (68)

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Unfortunately I don't. I pretty much do all the work myself. Are you trying to put in a new harness or simply rewire the tach on an existing one? Regarding the console, does your car already not have a console harness?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome Justin and Roy..
Nice looking cars.
I remember way back when all I had was a '68 title and a bunch of rust on wheels.
Look forward to meeting you guys at the Golden cruise, Colfax cruise or some of the many shows in town.
My signature shows all aspects of my project.
I'm in Littleton, let me know if I can help in any way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts