Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some research after I purchased this camaro and would like to see if my research is correct. I have a ORIGINAL #'s matching car that I am have done currently that has 327 , 3 speed on the floor (believe it's considered M13) car comes as you might know with no console. Looks like there were 161,000 coupes produced in 68 but this confiquration there were only 752 units built this way. Any experts out there to answer.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Doing some research after I purchased this camaro and would like to see if my research is correct. I have a ORIGINAL #'s matching car that I am have done currently that has 327 , 3 speed on the floor (believe it's considered M13) car comes as you might know with no console. Looks like there were 161,000 coupes produced in 68 but this confiquration there were only 752 units built this way. Any experts out there to answer.
Thanks
Hi, welcome to TC.
The M13 was a heavy duty 3 speed only available on SS models. The production numbers on that trans are low because the 4 speed was a more desireable manual transmission.
Your 327 has the standard Saginaw 3 speed transmission. Not rare, but probably more desireable than the more common powerglide 2 speed automatic, and very easy to swap a Muncie 4 speed into.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts