Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend has a 68 Camaro 327-275HP with a powerglide. We have done some minor performance hop up's like intake, headers, exhaust, and igniton. I was wonder if it should light the tires up in a straight line from a dead stop, because it doesnt, and i was wondering if it should then i need to tune it somemore like in the carb area im thinking. (Q- Jet)
thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
a quad-jet will give you high end performance-not much out of the hole. If you do switch to a roch 4b the car may bog down out of the hole since it cant create the rpm's-the a/t and the stock cam are working against you.
Drag racers use a modified 2 speed version of a powerglide but the guts are very differant. The only hope you have in my opinion for acieving your goal[its not cheap either] is a lower set of gears in the back. Still its not practical for that model. I have a 327 210 horse car. I appreaciate the car for what it is & spend the sweat keeping it clean & straight- it's a unrestored #3 car. [Most people think their cars are #2's] --sell the car buy yourself any v8 with a stick--smoke the cars at every light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, yea it does do pretty good a high r's but grunts and strains from a start. At one time i had it do it but guess it was luck. Thanks for your help.

69 Chevelle SS 396 L-34

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I adjusted the air valve for the sec. and it helped from what he tells me but i havent seen for my self. It leaves nice right turn rubber and i got it to leave some and then 2nd gear getting the right rear started in the grass on the side of the road

Thanks again for ya'lls help.!!!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
My '68 is the 327/210 horse version and would bake the tires indefinately with the original PG trans and a 3.08 non-posi rear. Of course, this was with stock mono-leaf springs that were past their time. Once I put on a 4 barrell the problem was horrible. I don't know why your combo isn't lighting them up. Once I put on multileafs and traction bars, the problem stopped.

If you do want better accelleration though, I have since swapped to a TH350 and had the rear rebuilt with a 3.73 gear and a posi. That is some fun! I would recommend it.

G

·
I have a 4 Barrel Holly Double pumper with Vac advance, I also have a TH350 But not yet sure of what I have on the rear end sence I have not made it to the back yet, but here are the numbers taken off the Axel 3969340NF GM17 Can anyone tell me what these mean!, and will I have the same slugish problem off the start as the other guy above did? (Although Im not racing it) Im treating the car like it should be!
//

G

·
I have a 4 Barrel Holly Double pumper with Vac advance, I also have a TH350 But not yet sure of what I have on the rear end sence I have not made it to the back yet, but here are the numbers taken off the Axel 3969340NF GM17 Can anyone tell me what these mean!, and will I have the same slugish problem off the start as the other guy above did? (Although Im not racing it) Im treating the car like it should be! Please help me!~
//

1 - 10 of 10 Posts