Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Looking for some advise/direction on suspension upgrades for my 68. At the moment it's completely stock. I'm looking more for a Sunday driver setup that handles well without the hard ride associated with track/strip setup. I'm installing an LS in the near future so will be looking at having 500-600hp. I've done a fair bit of research but the more i read the more i realise i'm completely lost on this. I'm a heavy machine mechanic so am handy on the tools. Installation/modifications no issue. I've looked into complete setups from QA1 and Hotchkis as the frontrunners at this stage but it would be awesome to hear from anyone with advice/experiences to share.

Cheers, Rob

·
13,993 Posts
I would go with the Ridetech Street Grip

Reactions: H20cooled

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would agree with the ridetech also , I was originally going to piece my suspension together , when I started looking at all the different possible combinations it got quite confusing as to what worked with what , especially where the steering was involved. To me there was a lot of value in ordering a complete kit...Simply a matter of opening the boxes , bolting on and boom ... State of the art suspension and steering.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I would do that too if I had John's money. Sorry John just kidding. In my opinion if you are just looking for a Sunday cruiser rebuild what you have do the G-mod(easy to look up) put on a decent sway bar front and back or just front and drive the crap out of it. The factory setup for these cars work better then the seats can hold you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the hotchkis front and rear suspension kit. I love it. I also installed a fast ratio power steering box along with it. Night and day difference over stock suspension.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I would do that too if I had John's money. Sorry John just kidding. In my opinion if you are just looking for a Sunday cruiser rebuild what you have do the G-mod(easy to look up) put on a decent sway bar front and back or just front and drive the crap out of it. The factory setup for these cars work better then the seats can hold you.
Hi Rob
X2 for Mikes response.

From what you are looking for, the Proper Springs, Shocks, "Anti Roll Bar" (Sway Bar) will make your ride a Pleasure.

I put the Hotchkis 2" Drop springs for the BB Install, (My 427 BB), I did Drill my Upper "A" Arm supports for the G-Mod (Guldstrand Mod) while I had my Frame Stripped Bare.

I Installed an Addco 1 1/8" Anti Roll Bar, and a 90's IROC Power Steering Box, New Rubber "A" Arm Bushings, new Upper/ Lower Ball Joints, KYB Shocks and the 2 rubber Roll/ Sway Bar Link Hardware kits.

I drive my Car everywhere, Longest is a 5 HR ride to my Son's College Car show - My Car Handles great even with the Goodyear Polyglas GT Tires.

I would consider my car more than a Sunday Driver - It's a Blast without Breaking the Bank :wink2:

Now, if you are saying "Sunday Cruiser" and you are going to Autocross it or putting it on the Track behind a 5th/ 6th Gen car, You need to do the research for the higher Suspension upgrades.

Some Suspension Pic's.
Guldstrand Mod Holes in Pic # 2, Red Circles.
Timmy

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts