Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Camaro its a full race car funny car cage the works. they had 32x14's on it with miny tubs and a notched frame it sit high so I back halfed it and all I have left is putting the tubs in I bought 36'' steels tubs. what all did you cut out of the body as far as bracing and how did you cut the stock fenders out without messing up paint. thanks! pics welcomed

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: 68 camro

My car was a Bracket car built a long time ago..beforethe kits.. I have 2x3 boxed rails ..not notched..but with a small tub..my car has the old Ladder bar -leaves -sliders and housing Floaters..I want to update it...If i wanted to build a Nostalgia SuperStock.. "Im there" ... like i said i want to update it ,but i love the Old Stance..kinda high....how LOW are you goin..a Plazma cutter will cut with less heat..some dont modify the body that much'..i think 69s have to be trimmed for sure though.. Lets see sum pics ? :p Pro-Street Lives !

·
Super Moderator
33,074 Posts
Most owners have the slicks inside and attached the new tub to the existing outer wheel house as this leaves the outer body alone.

·
Premium Member
CRG
4,695 Posts
I agree. Do not cut up the quarter panels.

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
With tires that big you might have to stretch the quarters.
You should be able to cut the mini tubs off the quarter panels. You need to be careful so you dont cut the quarterpanel; and do a little bit at a time. Once you have the big tubs fitted in the car, you just caulk them to the original quarter on the inside and outside of the tub.

Their are videos on fabing and installing tubs. You will make a templet out of cardboard. Once you make one side you should be able to turn it inside out and us it on the other side. It should be real close.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree , you may have to stretch the quarterss to get a tire that size ...
if i were you , i would call one of the chassis companies and purchase a how to tape ..

Art Morrison , Chris Alston , Chassis engineering , S&W ...most of them have them available and its nice to go step by step if your a beginner...
i bought a Morrison tape YEARS ago and it was a big help...
you can stop it where you need and go back and reference at any time ..

OR , get someone with experience to give you a hand...

GO SLOW , MEASURE twice and cut once ...or measure measure and re-measure...

use cardboard templates...and carboard wheeltubs ...cut and trim to a NICE fit to the rear 1/4 then , copy that to the steel or aluminum tubs ...( steel is much better for street ) less rock dings. and use a body or panel adhesive / caulk like mentioned above to seal tub to 1/4

have fun n good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts