Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Due to the exorbitant cost of used 67 original shifters and the fact that I like the feel and the look of the Horseshoe shifter on the 68, I have decided to replace my shifter on the tree for my 67 with a 68 horseshoe shifter and console. I will be putting in an after market steering column. I have heard that the wiring will not match up. Any insight into how to match the wiring of a 68 console to a 67 harness would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I will be interested in hearing what people have to say about this. I don't think you are going to be able to get away with just the console and shifter. The linkage, trans tunnel, and some other things are different as well. i was thinking of this, but decided to stick with my OEM floor shifter until I make the switch to the T-56. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
before i went to a four speed i put a 68 counsel with a horse shoe shifter in my 67. i covered the old shifter hole with a piece of metal and mounted the shifter (new mounting holes needed). i did make a hole for the cable to run to the trans. i used aftermarket gauges so i had to wire everything up. it was an easy install with very little mods.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts