Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a 1968 camaro base model with a bench front seat, a/c no radio from van nuys, CA originally. It was a family members car in California for a number of years. Now on the East Coast. It is all original! 327 275HP. 40,000 miles. one rust spot on wheel well rear right. everything else is clean. Blue interior and exterior. I am curious on the input of other owners. It seems like a rare model. I want to buy it. I am more of a 396 SS type though.(Spoilers, stripes, more horse, etc.) How much do you think it is worth? Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
32,786 Posts
Welcome, Chris.
Correct year you're looking at. Sounds like pretty much an original car with +40 years of patina to go along with it. I wouldn't have a clue.
Good luck with the journey.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
post up some pictures!
not enough to go on so far. I would tell you that up here in the NW, every amateur build 80s style disgusting POS car with crappy paint, dents, panel waves, moldy worn-out velour interior, asking price seems to be 9000-11000

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I am looking into buying a 1968 camaro base model with a bench front seat, a/c no radio from van nuys, CA originally. It was a family members car in California for a number of years. Now on the East Coast. It is all original! 327 275HP. 40,000 miles. one rust spot on wheel well rear right. everything else is clean. Blue interior and exterior. I am curious on the input of other owners. It seems like a rare model. I want to buy it. I am more of a 396 SS type though.(Spoilers, stripes, more horse, etc.) How much do you think it is worth? Any suggestions?
It's not a rare model, but it sounds relatively rust free compared to local NY cars. That should double the price compared to the rust buckets.
Perfect car for you to drop in that 396 you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have a patina since the paint is original. interior and engine and tranny. its a survivor. I have heard that it is best to keep it as is for value. Or is it a perfect car for a ss clone? Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Being that is has survived all the years and is original. I would leave it original and if it is not too bad drive it as a survivor. The 327/275 is not so bad. Plenty of other cars to make an SS big block clone out of, but it is your money. In the end you have to be happy with the Camaro you're driving.

Derek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts