Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
What a great story.. I was just in Hawaii .. went to the pro bowl then flew to visit my cus on Maui..and then to visit another friend on Kona... driving down the road I caught something out of the corner of my eye and there was a 67 RS SS 396 all set up to drag race sitting in a car port. I grabbed my cousin's camera and snapped some photos but he has yet to send them to me. It was the highlight of my trip :)

By the way.. how do I get on your " here's is a rare and bad *** car.. here you can buy it" list ?

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
That is a great find and cool looking Camaro.

Is there any paperwork showing that Dana installed a 427 engine?
I can’t read everything on the Dana invoice but it appears to show the purchase of a 1 year old 350 Camaro that had headers, scattershield hurst shifter traction bars and hood installed but I don’t see the charge for the 427 engine install?

Also would think they would have had to change to BB front springs?

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car has a a page 2 of the invoices that shows the price of the engine assembly along with the price of the hood and the tranny.

The org owner of the car wanted a fully optioned RS/SS and found the one he wanted he then took it to DANA to have the car converted from a 350 to 427

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Have you tried to contact Dale Armstrong?
He ran the Dana 68 Camaro house drag car “The Canuck” and worked at Dana.
He later was chief for Kenny Bernstein Funny Car and was active for many years in drag racing.
Dale may remember the car if you send him pictures.

Attachments

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the car will be one of the highlights of the upcoming Chicago Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals held November 21-22, 2009. http://www.mcacn.com
heres some tearer pics of the car as it is being finished up. Brian Henderson and the Super Car Workshop (SCW) had outdone themselves on this car. :hurray::beers::thumbsup::hurray::beers::thumbsup:

Heres a recap on the cars restoration, go to the last few pages to see the DANA almost completed.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/385016/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.