Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 68 dash ashtray recently (I think) and not cheap either. Not sure it is right. It does have a woodgrain front but the face is smooth with smooth edges. The grip opening is at the bottom not top. I've seen some pictures here lately that show the ashtray front as raised at the top for gripping and opening purpose(black and woodgrain). Checked my dash panel. Woodgrain is vertical and the ashtray woodgrain is horizontal. That doesn't seem right. From my description do I have a 68 ashtray or did I get burned? My 68 was built 12/67 if that helps. THANKS!

[This message has been edited by tim68rsss (edited 07-18-2002).]

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Firebirds had the woodgrain running horizontally, I believe. The "grip" is actually on the bottom, the protrusion on the top is where you put your thumb while pulling from the bottom.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what you guys are telling me sounds like I may have a firebird ashtray and not a camaro. Mine doen't have the protrusion on the top but does have an opening at the bottom to pull by. Would this match up with standard interior? The ashtray does have a number stamped on the bottom (1A26902 M). I guess I'm back to hunting!

Mine looks like this one on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1843954699

[This message has been edited by tim68rsss (edited 07-19-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.