Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I'm finally getting the interior back together and am ready to wire in some new guages... here's the questions...

The dash cluster harness connector has 12 potential connections... however 3 aren't in use. This is what I'm planning on, and a search of the archives seems to have confirmed... but I'd like to see if anyone has any red flags to throw at me before I start wiring... especially because I don't want to toast my new fuel guage!

So, in the connector, there is a tan wire at position #1 (the first connection on the side with only 3 connections). This appears to be the fuel sender wire. Correct?

On the other side fo the connector there are 6 connections. Is it correct that #9 and #12 are for the turn signals? I'm wiring in some LEDs to use as turn signals and need to know which wires to use.

As always, thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll have some pics up tonight or tomorrow showing my new custom center guage cluster. :D

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as promised... got some updated interior pics on the website... check it out under the "interior" section.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
John, I didn't respond to your post because I didn't have my schematics in front of me. I mapped out the instrument cluster and cables some time ago. I'll have to check back with you later this evening. I'm pretty sure I know which three unused positions you are talking about. If so, they are used in a manner of speaking. The three or four terminals are shorted together and provide power for the dash lights if I'm not mistaken. Like I said, I'll verify and get back to you.

·
Registered
967 Posts
John you are correct.
Here are a couple others that you can use:
#3 grey is for the lights and is on the dimmer
#7 red is an ignition hot
If you want to use the existing temperature wire for an electric guage its #2 green and #8 blue is the oil pressure.
#10 is the brake light

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch! Just wanted to be sure I didn't connect my new fuel guage to a hot wire instead of the sender and cook it!

Hmmmm... I may try to find a way to incorporate the brake warning light. Good call.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
John print this out for future reference , good luck with it,

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Click! Great picture! My wiring diagram is much less clear... and the pages are faded...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts