Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen them installed centered over the glove box and a little off to the right towards the pass side door. Which is correct? Did some people add them in the wrong location or was the factory that much off with the installation. Do you have one? Is it original? Is it centered over the glove box or off to the right a bit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should be centered over the glove door.

------------------
~ mark

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really! Makes sense to me. Would Firebirds have them different? I just stripped a 67 Firebird conv and cut out the whole dash area. It had the grab bar and it seems original as the holes are perfect and appear to be stamped and not drilled. I never really documented the specific models that I have seen the handle in different locations with. This car had it slightly off towards the pass side door rather than centered over the glove box. The reasoning I figured is that it was installed centered in the pass side of the dash rather than centered over the glove box, as the glove box is not centered on the pass side of the dash. Interesting. Is this a 68 Camaro that you are telling me it should be centered over the glove box?
Speaking of changes I also noticed this. My 68 Camaro has about 3.25 inches between the top of the glove box and the bottom of the dash pad. The conv dash has about 4.5 inches in the same location. Thats a difference of over a inch in a very short span. Besides adding the dash vents in 68 it appears there are more differences between the dashes of 67 and 68

1 - 5 of 5 Posts