Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have my original harness restored, is there anyone who does this? My car did not have a tach or console originally, but I would like to add them. I can buy a new repro harness for 400 bucks roughly, so the question is, is there someone who does this, and can they make it look originall for a tach and console?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've come to discover that asking "Can this be done?" should be "How much will it cost and what are my option?". A friend of mine's brother owns this shop. They do a lot of harness work for a big manufacture of earth moving equipment and they do some restro work for the tractor collectors. My friend told me that if I had a schematic they could reproduce it for me. I'm not sure if they can make it look like it came frome the 60's or not but you may ask them.

http://www.porchelectric.com/About_Us.html

·
Registered
683 Posts
You can do it yourself. Just about everything, connectors, terminals, stretchable vinyl tape wrap, cloth tape wrap and color coded wires are available from electric suppliers. And, what's not available you can reuse from the harness you have. Agree with Plain Jane. It will probably cost you just as much as a new already made harness. AAW and M&H manufacture exact replicas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts