Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering sending some original deluxe door panels to Just Dashes to have my door panels redone. My questions are:

1. My door panel fuzzies are in decent shape on one side and a small chunk is missing on the other. Do we have to settle on the RePop door fuzzies or can existing ones be redone or refurbished?

2. Just Dashes is the more expensive route than purchasing the Al Knock aftermarket. Can someone give me an opinion on the latest repop Deluxe Panels?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By going through the archives, I realize this topic is not new. Just trying to get a feel for if there is anything out there today for door panels, that may be worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I e-mailed Just Dashes a few months ago asking if they reskinned '68-'69 Camaro deluxe door panels, and their reply was that they didn't. Do they reskin them now???

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I still need a pair of 67 deluxe door panels I am thinking about selling my car to get a pair :rolleyes: ,, the 67 68 69 ones are the same price , one ARM and one LEG ,, I was not aware they could be be redone ???? my grandkids will probably have to sign on with me for that :rolleyes: ,,,, of everything you can think of for a camaro the price of those door panels is the most ridiculous of all !!!!!!!!
anybody got a 67 std interior and want to trade for all deluxe stuff ?????????? GEEEEZZZZ

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Yes, the price, compared to standard door panels is awesome. I paid $300. w/o shipping :eek: for my 68 repro deluxe ones. Some grinding here and there, but I'm pleased with the results. My 68's repro deluxe door panels

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked with a fellow named Abe at Just Dashes. He indicated that they would redo the 68 door panels for $250 - $350 a side. That's pretty steep but I'm not sure I want to deal with door panel problems. Also, I did discuss this with someone at Ricks and, he suggested that if I could afford the price, Just Dashes was the way to go.

Carb, I think you should call Just Dashes and ask to talk with Abe. Do not ask the girl who answers the phone any detailed questions about the door panels. She does a good job with their bread and butter, but this would be a special order. Also, expect your door panels to be at Just Dashes for 10-12 weeks .

Hey Orench, nice panels! :cool:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I got them back and am satisfied so far with the results. It took a while to get them (2 1/2 months) and I won't mention how much they ran because every job is different. I will say, however, that it duplicated the price of aftermarkets after including all the trim.

In the process, they strip the original vinyl and foam completely off and hand form the new base with high-density closed cell foam. Then the new vinyl is applied on the original part through thermo vacuum forming.

·
Super Moderator
32,437 Posts
Looks great, Silvio. Seeing your panels redone, I'd go for recovering OE panels. JMO

·
Registered
236 Posts
They look great.
I am currently going thru the process on a pair of 1969 Deluxe Door Panels in yellow.
I ordered a pair of the OER's, and sent them back due to quality problems. They appeared to be a decent panel dimensionally, but they had some defects on them and they sprayed yellow paint over black instead of dyeing white. Needless to say, the paint was easy to scrape off with your fingernail. They would have been a nightmare every time I closed my doors with any contact on the top of the kick panels or windlace.
Just Dashes quoted me $650/each and Dashboard Restoration quoted me $575/each. The OER's were around $400 for the pair and I ended up ordering the Al Knochs last week. I sent them a sample of a piece of vinyl under the windlace that was not faded, and they are going to dye the new panels to match. They also (bake them) after dyeing to make the color even tougher.
I have a set of Al Knochs that came on my pace car that I bought last year and they are very nice. The were $634/pair when I ordered them last week.
We'll see how good they are soon......

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
this thread is old and the repop panel's were $299 then WHICH IS STUPID !
now the repop panels are listed from $499 to $600 BUCK'S ! WHICH IS INSANE !

just curious about something ? I have seen several people order door panel's from just dash's for 67 68 69 camaro's and I have a question ?

DID THEY USE YOUR OLD DOOR PANEL STRUCTURE ? OR DID THEY TELL YOU THEY JUST USED IT FOR A PATTERN AND THEN MADE NEW STRUCTURE NOT ACTUALLY USING ANYTHING YOU SENT THEM ?

·
Registered
533 Posts
just curious about something ? I have seen several people order door panel's from just dash's for 67 68 69 camaro's and I have a question ?

DID THEY USE YOUR OLD DOOR PANEL STRUCTURE ? OR DID THEY TELL YOU THEY JUST USED IT FOR A PATTERN AND THEN MADE NEW STRUCTURE NOT ACTUALLY USING ANYTHING YOU SENT THEM ?

These are the pictures of the back door panel parts that were used. The only replacement was the back quarter side panel cartons. Whereby the metal structure could only be saved. The car had most of it's original parts when purchased from the original owner. It is a survivor.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
NICE ! they did a super job MY HAT IS OFF TO THEM ON THESE !
boy those are gonna look great installed , 68 blue duluxe COOL !

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
The panels look great!

Looks like I'll have to start saving to get mine recovered.

Time to check the cars and couch for loose change...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I too decided to go with Just Dashes. I wasn't 100% happy with my installation for several reasons. And for the price, all of this should have been covered. First, JD didn't fix or maybe reinforce the clip mounts on the door panels so now a couple of the mounts are pulled out. Secondly, after installation, my doors didn't close without seriously slamming the doors. The lines on my doors were as close to perfect as I could get them so I knew the problem was with the new door panels. I had to unglue the new vinyl along the edge of the door between the door and quarter panel and thin the thickness of the door panel base. After this, the doors worked fine but this was also something I thougt should have been considered by JD.

Lastly, someone mentioned that the old vinyl is removed by Just Dashes and new vinyl is installed. I'm not 100% sure this statement is correct cause when I peeled the new vinyl away from the base, I could see the old vinyl. I figured this was why my door panels were too thick on the outer edges. Other than this, the door panels look great but for the price I wasn't all that happy. This is not a JD bash. Just facts. I never called them to complain cause I didn't want to send them back. My experience with most redos is it gets screwed up worse the second time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts