Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of redoeing my 68 seats and i since my car did not have the original deluxe interior in it it did not ahve te backing plates on it...i wa wonderign does the backing plate go behind the foam or just behind the seat cover...and also what is was ad eof since i dont have any and there is no repro of them

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Hey boardin101, try again, and type a little slower. I might have something you need, I think.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to say all that in short so i dont make as many mistakes and to be less confuseing is that i need to know what i can use to replace the missing backing plates and where they go..either behind the foam or the vinyl cover?

stevo...i get told that alot..but i guess i never learn

[This message has been edited by Boardin101 (edited 04-29-2000).]

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
O.K. boardin101, the metal backing plate goes on the outside of seat. Do you have the plates? You'll notice a small opening (slot) where the seat latch release lever goes thru. After backing plate is on, the chrome knob goes on the release lever. I'll go down to my shop and double check this for you. It's been awhile since I did mine. Sorry, I just reread your post and you said you did not have the backing plates. If you were close enough I'd give you one extra I have. I do think you need to have them Because I don't think there is enough support on seat back to just upholster and leave that way. How far from No.Cal. are you?

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro

[This message has been edited by stevo camaro (edited 04-29-2000).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm in New Jersey so i'm pretty far, but i'm willign to pay shipping or any postage that would be needed for the one piece so that i can use it as a guide and get my body guy to make me copies of it in his shop..give me an email or somethign if this would be alright..i'm at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts