Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see another thread here regarding placement of aftermarket tachometer. If the car isnt originally equipped with a tach, is it possible to add one in place of the fuel gauge where it would have gone? I suppose the originals had a fuel gauge on the console, but this is my first Camaro and I'm not sure. Does anyone reproduce this tach ? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Aftermarket tach's are available. I've seen them in Classic Industries catalog. There was an earlier post asking if anyone knew of the quality, I don't believe anyone had purchased an aftermarket one to know. You can replace your fuel gauge with one, however I believe it will also require replacing the circuit board on the back of your instrument cluster as well as new underdash wiring. The tach's about 300 or so if I remember right.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
In the next issue of Super Chevy there will be an add by a company in Fresno that makes a set of Camaro dash gauges that incorporate all the functions of the factory gauges into the two dash pods. The speedo and tach on the left (the tach is smaller and located on the bottom of the gauge) and the water, fuel, gas, and volts are in the RH pod.

------------------
The Red Beast http://www.geocities.com/casanoc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CarlC,
Do you happen to have the page number for this add ? I looked today and couldnt find it. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts