Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 fender on my 67. My husband filled in the marker cut out so it looks good. Unfortunately I don't have the headlight mounting bracket in there that I have on the LH side (a std 67 fender). Can I get the miossing bracket and spot weld it in or am I looking for another 67 fender?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think if you could find the bracket from a doner fender it would not be a problem to tack it in.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Anyone got an extra bracket laying around????:confused: I'm looking at catalogs trying to figure out who has what at the best price.:wacko: Do the reproduction fenders come with that bracket? If I have to go get one, it will probably be NPD because I can go pick up there and save shipping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The repro fenders do come with the brackets but,they do not sell the non Rs ones seperate.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
the problem you are talking about has nothing to do with the fender being 67 or 68 it has to do with the difference between std and rs , all you need is the headlight mount bracket cut out of a std fender 67 68 fender's are the same other than the parklight hole ,

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Correct. All I need is the headlight bucket mtg bracket for a standard, non-RS car. If I could figure out how to take pics and save to MY computer it wouldn't be an issue, I'd just post it. Unfortunately I am still electronically challenged and all the software is on my husband's computer.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
MaryBeth..
Take the photo or photos and then plug the digital camera into the computer USB port. A box will pop up asking if you want to do many things to/with the photos. Select the View option. Select the photos you want by left click/hold button down to highlight them and simply select File, Save As then choose a folder you wish to put them into. Send them to my email and I will post them for you.

Kev

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Just buy the correct 67 fender with the brackets in place. That would be the easiest solution. The only thing you will have to worry about is matching the paint if the car has been painted already.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just an opinion, It depends on your budget, check out jims fender for the part (If he can get you a pic) if that doesnt look right, than buy whole new fender, but make sure you do it right, you dont want to do it twice.again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Correct. All I need is the headlight bucket mtg bracket for a standard, non-RS car. If I could figure out how to take pics and save to MY computer it wouldn't be an issue, I'd just post it. Unfortunately I am still electronically challenged and all the software is on my husband's computer.
Mary Mary Mary ...I recall walking you through the process of saving pictures to your comp setting up your photobucket account and such last year.LOL.. take the pictures save them to your "MY PICTURES" Then open up your photobucket account. you see where it says upload pictures... click browse go to "MY PICTURES" Double click on the pictures you want to add to your account and hit UPLOAD...the pictures will be added to your photobucket for all to see..P.S. while your at it I WANT to see some updated pic's of your project

1 - 20 of 20 Posts