Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replaced the turn signal switch on my 68 non-tilt colum. Everythings great, except that my horns will not shut off. I've installed a new horn rebuild kit from Ricks so all the parts are new. Once I remove the horn cap and the concaved spring the horn shuts off. I know that by depressing the horn cap that you complete the circuit by connecting to ground. Now this kit that I've installed from Ricks has a plastic ring that I believe the concaved spring rests in. but when I install the other parts there is no spring action. So I left out this plastic piece and I believe that is where my short to ground is coming from causing the horn to continue to sound. Is there a trick to this or is it possible these parts (new) aren't quite right. Need some help

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ricks part # is HR-10. Now when I use the plastic piece and tighten down the three screws on the cap there is no spring action

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What the kit does not show is a white plastic ring that the concaved spring I believe sets in

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raytheon!! I spend alot of time at Damneck. I've been with FMC/United Defense/ and now BAE. Any how I think that I have the spring upside down, I'll give it a try

Thanks again

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fliped the spring and removed the extra plastic ring and with a little wiggling to make sure that there were no shorts to ground, connected the battery, and what do you know, it works as adverstised

thanks Everett next time I'm in the Va Beach area I'll look you up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts