Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those of you that know me a bit, I ran out of things to do on the Camaro (at least big and fun things that is as you never run out of the little things) so I am making Camaro videos again. Given the suspension, cooling system, transmission, rear end, brakes, chassis are done – I think I am ready to start a new project. That would be a blown big block (540, I think). Having said that, here is a tribute to my 454! The cool thing about this project will be that I will build the motor while I get to drive/enjoy my car. This will be a slow moving project… but I will document it like I did all of my other ones. Of course when it's all done, I'll be left with a very nice 454 on my hands... No such thing as a homeless big block. Chevelle? Didn't the 70 SS come with 454? :D

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, would a 750 lbs engine stand be big and safe enough for my BBC build? This would be iron BBC (540), aluminum heads, with 8-71 blower. I found this stand on local CraigsList for $65 (I am sure I can talk'em down to $50). I read some posts and 1000 lbs appears to a common one. Also most are recommending a 4 wheel stand which this one is...sort of, as the front 2 wheels are rather narrow. This one also allows you to rotate the block. Thanks for any input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts