Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the speed warning warning terminal for the instrument housing for quite a while. Unfortunately none could be found. I decided to run the wire through the housing using a rubber grommet.. I got the wire and grommet installed today and I installed a Packard connector for a disconnect point.

I also got the cluster LED bulbs installed. Ti toc tach and new sw speedometer were mounted a few weeks agos after painting the housing. I have taken my old cluster harness connector and set it up to test the cluster before I mount it in the car. We will get that done tomorrow. Hopefully we will mount instrument panel this weekend.

I have made a 16 gauge ground wire to connect between housing and hi beam light housing. Another one with a Packard connector will be made to attach to the dash structure.

20210610_151149_resized.jpg

20210610_151133_resized.jpg

20210610_151223_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
349 Posts
I have the same set up. I took the cluster out to clean it up and change over to LEDs. My tach was erratic and wouldnt go over 2500 and the the clock was i/o. Found out the low oil and brake light sockets were empty and the power wire to the clock was missing. I have reservations about digging in to the cluster, but hopefully by cleaning grounds and installing missing parts will rectify the operation. As far as the tach, from what I have read with HEI dizzy, I need to install a filter on distributor wires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I learned about the tech and HEI distributor issue a while back and purchase the TACH filter. Still have to install it after I learn where it should be located. I have the original Brake warning light remaining and a new Fuel warning light in the cluster. No Gen or Oil warning lights in the cluster. I bought an 8mm oil press warning light. I will be adding it to the panel somewhere and wiring it in. Already made sure new engine and fuse box harnesses. (assembled by AAW for console gauges) have the required colored wires put in for the low oil pressure light. I will not attempt to duplicate a GEN light.

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
349 Posts
Ha. I was hoping you had installed the filter and had knowledge on the process. This is one of the things I am hesitant on. Guess Ill cross that bridge when I get closer to actually needing to do the job. ;O)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stevie:

I just made a schematic for the Tach Filter I bought from Camaro Central. They had some info on their site on the filter site page under the technical page. I am going to install it under the dash within the harness. Probably will solder the wires yellow and red in and add a terminal on ground wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts