Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new Ivy Gold headliner and sail panels for my 68 Camaro. Ricks says the color is discontinued. I have already tried to dye a white one, the results are not too great. What I'm hoping for is there is one sitting on a shelf somewhere in inventory. I'm open to all sugestions.

Thanks, Harlan.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Hi hgerrick,

I have a '68 with original Ivy gold interior. I just started taking apart the interior yesterday and I plan on changing from the original Ivy Gold to a black/grey color scheme.

Anyway, the carpet is shot, but my headliner and sail panels are in pretty good shape. If you're interested shoot me an email at [email protected]

Check out my site too... no good shots of the headliner though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm sure you can locate a repro one. Did you try Year One, NPD, Classic Ind. D&R? I wouldn't use a used one..The loops for the rods deteriorate especially when tranfered.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!! I placed an order with Ground Up for a headliner on Monday night, they emailed me Tuesday Morning and said two weeks delivery for that color. I await a rock solid confirmation that the color is available, but that shows promise so far. As far as the used one goes, yes I'm very interested,could you hold on to it for now to see if the repo is available? I have an interior guy who can make one from scratch if needed,but one needs the right material. He could also re-sew a used one with new loop material if needed. But I don't know if the holes would show or not. Again, Thanks.

Harlan.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Hey Harlan,

Yes, I can hold onto it for awhile. It is also nice that you have a friend who could re-sew the headliner for you...

I started removing the headliner and sail panels the other day. The sail panels are looking all right. The headliner bows are the devil though! Some of the stitching on the headliner has started to come apart, try as I might to keep it nice... and the fabric loops that go over the bows will need some fixing.

Anybody know a better way to get those bows out than by prying with a screwdriver?!?! There are two that are just really stuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts