Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a left headlight on a 68 RS that wont work at all. The right will no problem, which is odd to be because the right one piggy backs off of the left. I have gone through the wiring diagram and am struggling with the fix here, it seems so simple. Any help?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I'm assuming you have verified the headlight is not bad.
Have you checked for 12v power at the plug? (that plugs into the back of the light).
There is a ground from the harness that screws to the core support on the engine side (at least on my rs there is, should be the same) and that's another likely culprit. Check those two things, seems like about 2/3 of the time it's a bad ground with our old cars.

·
Registered
997 Posts
What are you missing, power or ground?
The Rt and Lt lights do not share the ground. They have separate grounds

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the original wiring so I couldn't tell where the back ends of a couple of the wires were. Long story short I took off all the black the tape that last owner had and found it was a bad ground. After changing it over to an internally regulated alternator it looks like I never reconnected it but couldn't see it because of the best of wires ?. I keep saying I need to do the rewording. Looks like I just need to do it. Thanks for your help.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
AAW makes a great headlight harness in the factory fit line, simple half day - two beer project :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts