Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read the other post and have tried the suggestions but i still don't have a spark from the coil. I have replace the coil the rotor the distributor cap, and the condenser/points and still no spark please help. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
welcome to team camaro!

Do you have a voltmeter or test light?
Do you have power to the + side of the coil with the key in "run"?
did you adjust the point gap and verify that they are actually opening and closing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah have 12vdc on the + side, and i stuck the meter lead in the top of coil and turned it over and still 12v. i did adjust the points to the spcifications in the chitons manual.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
what do you have on the - side of the coil with the key in run?
Check it with the points open and closed, you should be able to turn the rotor enough to do that, or open them with a screwdriver and put a peice of thin cardboard between them.

be careful around the coil, don't be stickin no meter in the output side, stick a plug wire (connected to a plug) in there while you're testing. That thing fires it will knock you across the room.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am able to open and close them. I am pretty sure i get a constant 12 well 13v i will have to check tomorrow when get back to the shop . What is the cardboard for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts