Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some pictures of a Seafrost Green First Gen Camaro, and pictures of a 68 with an SS stripe. Also, pictures of original blue 68 camaros, like Grotto, Fathom, LeMans, ect...
Thanks

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process.
PS/PB, Factory AC

·
Registered
505 Posts
No pics, sorry, but I restoreda 68 in seafrost green and it looked GREAT..I got compliments on the color everywhere I went

-Gary

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Hey jeffc, something tell me I like your car a LOT, it's incredibly beautifull. Mine was Sea frost green from the factory(PP paint code) but I painted blue. Man I have to find an SS hood soon. Check my sig. jeffc.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow. They are almost identical. I have actually changed mine to the rally's and the disk brake caps as well. IMHO, it looks much better than the cragars on the Camaro, and the cragars look good on my 67 Elky.

I think the only difference is the hood and the tail panel (BB car). Here is a small picture of the rear.

So, do you enjoy cruising around the island?

[This message has been edited by jeffc (edited 10-22-2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jim68,

I remember an article on a restored '68 painted "Seafrost" green (isn't it Seafoam?)in the magazine that used to come from the U.S. Camaro Club. I'm sure I still have it at home. I will bring it to work tomorrow and try to scan it.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
When I got the Camaro originaly it had the tail panel painted black. Since it didn't had the original paint, neither a big block in it I decided to delete the black tail panel until I find a BB for a fair price here. Yes I enjoy a lot cruising in it, lots of looks and tumbs up. A group of friends here, together have 10 first gen Camaros but none in this color combination. That is your car's factory color?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ORENCH, what's the name of your color blue?

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process.
PS/PB, Factory AC

·
Registered
15 Posts
Orench - Yes, it is originally a U2 (Lemans Blue Metallic w/vinyl top). I'm really debating over the viny top right now. I just can't bring myself to put it back on after scraping all that glue prior to the painting! I'll have to snap a recent picture with the Rally wheels and send it to you! I would love to cruise my car on the island! Next time I'm there, I'll have to drop you a line.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Check out my sig.

The color is grotto blue. It is a PPG mix that I found the numbers from someone on this site.

Kel

------------------
My '68 SS396

North Texas Camaro Club

Is the glass half empty or half full???.....Neither, the glass is twice as large as it needs to be!

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
JIM68, I'll check with the body shop. It was a long debate at the shop cause of the final color choice and I realy don't remember the name of the last minute decision. jeffc, you're welcome to contact me anytime you come down here, just remember this one isn't a BB so there's some juice missing here.

Nice car Kel & nice color too!

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kel - Beautiful car, great color. Orench, my car isn't fast (L78/4 speed/4.56) but it is pretty quick.
Most of the time my kids are in it, so I just cruise around between gas stations.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Right back at you Orench.

JeffC, Mine is a L-78 too, only I am running 3.31 gears. A lot more tolerable on the highway but not as quick as you.

Kel

------------------
My '68 SS396

North Texas Camaro Club

Is the glass half empty or half full???.....Neither, the glass is twice as large as it needs to be!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts