Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I am not a car guy (never been in an auto shop class) but I am turning into one. I am 43 and loving this project. :) I am doing a jack stand restore on my wife’s first car. It is a 68 plain Jane 327, power glide, single leaf (Do not know much more that that).

All is going well since it is a California car. Starting on the rear and moving forward. I am not looking to make this a “Show Car” or “Super Racer” but a nice driving machine with more originality than hot rod performance (at least I say that now). Some type of happy medium. I will be posting quite a bit as I move throughout this project and any help you out there would be fantastic!

Right now rear shocks questions.

Looks like the rear shocks got replaced at some time with the KYB’s (single leaf) . Should I leave the KYB’s on or get something different?
Thanks
-Brian

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure of the ride, We have had the car garaged for a long time. Not much driving, about 7 times a year. I would like a plush drive. Would like to make this a car I can enjoy the ride and have it handle well.

·
Registered
726 Posts
KYB's are good shock, some people don't like there ride...I personally like Monroe Sensatracs on my cars...all of them including my 71 Ford Bronco have them, Have had good service so far. Ride is good. if your shocks are not leaking there really isan't a reason to spend money on new ones...There will be plenty of other places you can do that! :thumbsup: Jay

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked up the shocks and they are the KYB KG5524. They seem very inexpensive. Will going to a higher grade make a big differance?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts