Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a power release trunk on their 1st gen camaro? i have a 68. a guy is selling me one for $65, is it a good price. any type of information in this will help, from prices, installation, what to look for and that kind of stuff. what can i say, i'm a rookie at this like anyone at one point. post here, or e-mail at "[email protected]" A.S.P. THANKS. CESAR

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Cabrera...As far as i know it was never a option for a First Gen Camaro. It is probably from a Impala or some other car but will work. If you look in Wrecking Yards you can probably find one for a few bucks. Weigh that against having somebody hand you one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tip. if anyone out there knows what cars can i use to get the release trunk for my 68, it would help a lot. if you can provide year and model, i will raid the junkyards. thanks again.

·
10,164 Posts
JC Whitney used to sell them, my dad bought one years ago for a chevy he used to have. Luckily he took it off when he sold the car.

I'm going to try and put it on my 67. It looks like a bolt in.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
725 Posts
I believe Firebirds had them.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
Wasn't the power trun release a production option that never made it? It is on the cover of the 1968 Assembly Manual. I have seen several of the setups for sale but have yet to see one on a car. If he still wants to sell it and you do not want it, email me I'll buy it.

------------------
-Randy
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought one on e-bay for my 69. It came from a 1st gen Firebird. It bolts right in and works great. As far as a price to pay for this option, that is up to you. I paid alot for it but I just had to have it. 165.00, but it's one cool option.
Oh yeh, the first time I locked my keys in the trunk it paid for it's self.

------------------
502 Bob

69 Z-502
Body by Fisher and Customized by Fisher
www.mobiletools1.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the you can eliminate the keyed lock on the trunk when you add the power trunk release. I would like to eliminate the lock.

------------------
68/Z28,35O LT1
RICHMOND 5 SP,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!
THE GUY WHO IS SELLING ME THE TRUNK RELEASE SAYS IT'S A SOLENIOD OPERATED. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS? LET ME KNOW. ALSO, LIKE THE GUY ABOVE, WILL THIS ELIMINATE THE TRUNK KEY AND LOCK. I WOULD LIKE TO COVER IT UP. HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ONCE AGAIN. LATZ...CESAR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts