Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am taking oveer a 68 convertible project car. It has had all rust removed or has had new metal put in, and has been painted(although i will repaint). It has had the 327 overhauled, and front suspension overhauled. I am wondering where to start on this project. It is my first project car and I would like to do it right. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congratz
I'm sure lots will be willing to help you. We could use more information. Such as your long term goals/desires vs. the current state of the car.

I find it much easier to give advice to others then myself for some reason. Maybe I just feel better knowing that someone is working on thier car since i can't seem to find time for mine.

Anyhow, tells us you overall project goals so we can help you a bit more.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro Tim. Good luck on your 68 Vert project car. It sounds like a good one. Post some before and after pictures when you can. :waving:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to keep it pretty close to factory. I am converting the brakes to four wheel disc, and I would like to swap the shifter from column to floor shifter. It has the original motor and trans. I don't think I will make any changes to them. It is a car that I would love to restore and drive.

Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
926 Posts
Good luck on your project! The factory assembly manual as well as a book by Jason Scott: Camaro Restoration Guide 1967-1969 should help immensley, especially in those areas that you want to keep origional.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
The best advice I can give is whatever you take off as far as small parts and fasteners , put them in ziplock bags an label them . Even if you think you can remember where it goes label it anyway. Draw a little sketch of how it looks before dissasembely and toss that in the bag. Before you know it you could have dozens of bags and you'll be glad you did it. Also taking pictures as it comes apart can help in reassembely. Hey I still have parts left over ( from other projects ) and have no idea where they go so I learned the hard way. Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts