Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear quarter window vertical moldings had a lot of rust covering the inside edge. I used steel wool to clean the rust off, but both are pitted. The driver side is really pitted. They both need to be re-chromed. An aftermarket set is $80'ish. Re-chroming will likely be 2 to 4 times as much and take weeks to be completed. It’s my understanding that there are only 1 or 2 manufacturers of restoration parts, so all the resellers pretty much sell the same parts. What’s your opinion, replace with aftermarket or re-chrome the OE? If replace with aftermarket, anyone have a good experience with the part they bought and who did you buy them from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man are you a day or 3 late, a guy on Yenko.net had a pair of NOS ones for sale. I think they were around $250 for the pair. I didn't think that was a bad price, took about 3 days to sell. I thought about buying them, but mine are not in bad shape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
68 Rear Quarter Window Vertical Molding - Re-chrome or Aftermarket.

My rear quarter window vertical moldings had a lot of rust covering the inside edge. I used steel wool to clean the rust off, but both are pitted. The driver side is really pitted. They both need to be re-chromed. An aftermarket set is $80'ish. Re-chroming will likely be 2 to 4 times as much and take weeks to be completed. It’s my understanding that there are only 1 or 2 manufacturers of restoration parts, so all the resellers pretty much sell the same parts. What’s your opinion, replace with aftermarket or re-chrome the OE? If replace with aftermarket, anyone have a good experience with the part they bought and who did you buy them from?
Do they have any pitting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts