Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never removed a 68 Camaro rear seat and this one is being a pain. I ordered a resto manual so I can see how to do this, but I'm too impatient waiting for it to arrive. I tried pushing against the seat base, then pulling up with no luck.

What's the trick?

Thanks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If I remember right push in on the bottom until you can move it up and then back towards you.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
...ditto what 'sickt9' said, ...but those seats can be stubborn. Try to push DOWN and BACK. The floor pan bracket has a bit of a 'hook' to it, ... you'll need that downward pressure to 'unhook' it before it will go back. Also, ...if you can grasp the lower edge of the seat, and push it down and back, ...it might help. ...definitely can be one of those 'fun' tasks... ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ditto again, but if you put your hand underneath the seat, you will find the hook that is giving you all that grief. Once I found the hook, and worked out how much movement is required and it was then easy!

Much to my amazement when I removed the rear seat, I discovered I had the rear seatbelts too!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If you just can't get it, remove the buckets and sit on the floor with your back to it. Push back with your legs and pull up.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
If you just can't get it, remove the buckets and sit on the floor with your back to it. Push back with your legs and pull up.
That's how I do it, except I leave the seats in, kinda sit in the open door, push it back with my foot, and have my wife stand in the back footwell and pop it up (no, she's not really short, itsa vert and I do it with the top down!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I took and saved this picture so that I can remember what I'm fighting. Perhaps it will help you visualize what the above instructions are doing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
A picture is worth a 1000 words.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
(no, she's not really short, itsa vert and I do it with the top down!)
There's something to be said about doing it with the top down!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts