Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had problems with my rear lighting, so I put in a new Factory Fit harness. Now I have no lights in the rear. The fuse for the rear lights gets real hot when I turn on the light swith. Can anybody help me solve my lighting problem?

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Any chance that its not the fuse that gets hot but rather the terminals that the fuse connects to? Keep in mind that resistance and current make heat (power). If the fuse is the high resistance element in the circuit, it will blow - unless it's been replaced with an over rated fuse. Could be that since you eliminated bad connections in the circuit by replacing the harness, that now the fuse socket is the high resistance element. Try buffing the contacts to see if that will help. Also, use a volt meter to look for voltage drops in the circuit accross the fuse, connectors, and ground path circuits. The bulbs should be the highest voltage drop. Other circuit elements (switches, connectors, fuses, etc.) should be less than a few tenths of a volt relatively speaking.

-dnult

1 - 2 of 2 Posts